BedandBreakfast.com Announces Top B&Bs in the World
BedandBreakfast.com, the leading online bed and breakfast directory, listing 27,000 B&Bs worldwide, launched the first web-based awards program for inns just six months ago. Over 16,000 votes were cast in the Best of BedandBreakfast.com Awards. After votes were checked for validity, the results show that wonderful B&Bs come in all shapes, styles, settings, and sizes.
Best Overall -- International
Sallerhof, Salzburg, Austria: A delightful pension, best known for its beautiful surroundings, personalized service, and cultural tour packages. Info: http://www.sallerhof.com/, 011-43 (6246) 72521.
Best Overall -- United States
1. Woolverton Inn, Stockton, NJ: Beautifully appointed stone manor offering distinctive elegance, minutes from New Hope, PA. Info: http://www.woolvertoninn.com/, 888-264-6648.
2. Queen Anne B&B, Galveston, TX: Stained glass windows, inlaid wood floors, and exquisite antiques, within walking distance of the historic Galveston Strand. Info: http://www.galvestonqueenanne.com/, 800-472-0930.
3. Collingwood Inn, Ferndale, CA: Victorian home with individually appointed guest rooms and scenic gardens, ideal for weddings. Info: http://www.collingwoodinn.com/, 800-469-1632.
4. Garth Woodside Mansion, Hannibal, MO: Steeped in Mark Twain history, this antique-filled mansion offers the ideal romantic getaway. Info: http://www.garthmansion.com/, 888-427-8409.
5. The Empress of Little Rock, Little Rock, AR: This Victorian mansion comes complete with a secret watch-tower in the turret, and candlelit breakfasts. Info: http://www.theempress.com/, 877-374-7966.
6. Cordials Bed and Breakfast, New Hope, PA: Superb hospitality in the heart of New Hope's restaurant and shopping district. Info: http://www.cordialsbb.com/, 877-219-1009.
7. Eastman Inn, North Conway, NH: Southern charm, New England history, plus whirlpool tubs, fireplaces, and private balconies. Info: http://www.eastmaninn.com/, 800-626-5855.
8. Notchland Inn, Harts Location, NH: Country mansion in the heart of the White Mountains. Guest rooms with fireplaces, whirlpool tubs. Gourmet dinners, too. Info: http://www.notchland.com/, 800-866-6131.
9. La Maison Marigny, New Orleans, LA: This luxuriously appointed 1898 house is the only B&B on world-famous Bourbon Street. Info: http://www.lamaisonmarigny.com/, 800-570-2014.
10. Mountain Thyme, Jessieville, AR: Ouachita Mountain setting, near Hot Springs, with modern amenities and old-fashioned country hospitality. Info: http://www.mountainthyme.com/, 888-820-5424.
Themed Category Winners
Most Romantic B&B: Casa de la Paz Bayfront B&B, St. Augustine, FL: Info: http://www.casadelapaz.com/, 800-929-2915.
Best Breakfast: Collingwood Inn, Ferndale, CA: Info: http://www.collingwoodinn.com/, 800-469-1632.
Best Hospitality: Eastman Inn, North Conway, NH: Info: http://www.eastmaninn.com/, 800-626-5855.
Best Service: Raven Haven, Mentone AL: Info: http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/ppf/inn/600152/Listing.aspx, 256-634-4310.
Most Pet Friendly B&B: Lodge at Sedona, Sedona, AZ: Info: http://www.lodgeatsedona.com/, 800-619-4467.
Voting has already begun for the 2005 Best of BedandBreakfast.com Awards: http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/Awards.aspx.
For great B&B story ideas, visit the BedandBreakfast.com Press Room at http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/about/pressRoom.aspx.
BedandBreakfast.com is the leading online bed & breakfast reservation network, offering inngoers a variety of search functions and extensive maps. Travelers can reserve online, purchase gift certificates accepted at 3,500 U.S. bed & breakfast inns, subscribe to a free newsletter, vote for their favorite inns, and post questions on expert-hosted message boards.
This release was issued through eReleases(TM). For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com/.